Nippers for nails – the integral tool for ensuring high-quality care of the body. This adaptation isn't similar to cuticle scissors at all and differs on material, a form and length of edges and a design of a spring.
For what are used?
Different types of tweezers are applied to cut manicure and a pedicure. They so are called because by means of this tool it isn't simply removed, and the cuticle on edge of nail growth completely is removed. This phenomenon, rather popular in Russia though it is condemned by many masters. Its visible advantage that handles take at once a well-groomed form. But the cuticle after several sessions of such manicure grows coarse and starts growing quicker.
Large nippers will help to remove the grown nail and will cope even with the thickened and deformed plate. Often happens that at a fungus the nail becomes firm as a stone, and fragile cuticle scissors don't consult here. But as nippers for a pedicure can be enough massivna and possess the strengthened case, they are capable to cope with the task even in the most started cases. Thanks to them it is possible to forget about the grown nails standing as qualitative nippers easily and without pain cope with this problem. The main thing, is correct to pick up a form and material of which the tool is made.
Today nippers are often used by manicurists as replacement to ordinary scissors. This adaptation can be three types:
- For removal of a cuticle;
- For manicure;
- For a pedicure.
Each of them has features upon which it is worth dwelling. First, nippers differ with length of handles and edges. Tools for a pedicure most massivna. The cutting covering wider therefore it is more convenient to work with them on more rigid nails standing.
Manikyurny tweezers it is possible to cut tips of nails. Besides, they are ideally suited at stratifications. Nippers are often involved at man's manicure, replacing files of the different sizes and degree of abrasivity. Such tools are called still knipser or clickers. They often enter manikyurny sets and remind mini-nippers. Still they can be executed in the form of multipurpose charms where besides a clicker there is, for example, a penknife which are convenient for carrying with themselves.
Tweezers apply to a cuticle to get rid of the accrued skin on edge of a nail. Without this tool it is impossible to imagine cut manicure. It is suitable and for fight against agnails.
Nippers are much more relevant to nails when conversation on children's manicure, than scissors, which edges too long comes. As safety in care of the child possesses paramount importance, it is worth choosing knipser or models with the rounded edges. They differ in nothing from the tools adapted for adults except the size.
Criteria of a choice
Correctly to choose the tool, it is worth paying attention to some factors:
- Material. As a rule, nippers make from different types of steel. Products usually make for house use from "tool" steel or steel with a nickel covering. Such tweezers are short-lived at frequent use and badly maintain corrosion. Professional options produce from high-quality medical steel. They don't rust, provide the best protection against microbes and a fungus. But even such tools need the correct leaving, disinfection and delicate storage conditions.
- Form and size. Before getting nippers, it is necessary to choose an edge form with which will work more simply and more pleasantly. The product shouldn't tire a hand or injure the client. Most often masters work with length from 7 millimeters as saloon tools can be repeatedly ground due to loss of length. Shorter edge will be suitable for a beginner better.
If the cutting edge long, and tips long and sharp, them it is convenient to get rid of agnails. However such nippers won't always suit beginners as it is more difficult to operate with them.
As for a form, them exists four:
- Klassichesk I - an edge of 4-6 millimeters with a small heel. Suits both fans, and professionals, but existence of a heel demands a certain skill during the work. It is worth being very attentive and to discipline the tool vertically not to touch with a heel working area and not to tear a thin skin.
- "Hatchet". The form of nippers depends on sharpening. Such tweezers have the tips lowered to a bottom and if to look sideways, remind axes. It is the most convenient option for saloon use as the surface is ideally looked through from above.
- "Swallow" or "boat". It is similar to a classical form, but it has no heel. Unlike "hatchet", has a flat internal surface and it is usually processed manually, but not a diamond wheel. This method of sharpening is preferable at a choice of metal tools.
- Straight line. Is suitable for simple cutting of nails and doesn't cause difficulties in use.
To choose a form and the size of an edge costs proceeding from the size of a nail plate of the client. For example, use of too large tweezers on tiny fingers will cause damages. Length of handles has to be convenient to the master.
Tweezers should be ground carefully. Manikyurny adaptations have to cope with a cuticle or nails easily. It is inadmissible that they left careless "fringe". If the tool possesses sufficient sharpness, and the cut will be accurate. Most long there are sharp nippers ground manually. To be convinced of, whether the tool is rather good, it is possible on a plastic bag. Tweezers have to cut a film easily.
The product should be got, only if it conveniently lies in a hand, and handles aren't too long or short.
Handles of the tool have to be reduced smoothly, without difficulties. If they jump aside or go too hardly, it is necessary to refuse purchase. These defects don't pass with time and are fraught with injuries of hands as client, and the master.
Fastenings of nippers are various. It is better to stop the choice on a double spring. Such products break less often as load of hands is distributed evenly. At data between the cutting edges the small gleam is formed, but by more intensive pressing from it shouldn't remain also a trace. The correct edges are at one level, excess roughnesses and cloves are absent. If such defects arose later, it is a sign that the product needs to be ground.
How it is correct to use?
Nippers should be held with one hand parallel to a working surface, holding with the second hand the client's hand. The thumb has to be on the connecting mechanism, the others clamp a device spring. Always it is necessary to work with tweezers very smoothly. Having raised a cuticle by means of an edge, it is necessary to cut off its part and to continue to move the bow-shaped movements. It isn't necessary to delete a cuticle completely, after all its main mission? to protect a nail from infections. Let there will be a thin strip. Tips of edges are intended for work with agnails.
During manicure the lower edge has to nestle on a nail always densely. There is no need to open nippers completely, will be one millimeter enough.
Working with nippers, it isn't necessary to seek to cut off all nail one movement, especially standing. Very often nail plate has a rough surface, and such principle of work is fraught with stratifications. It is better to cope with it in 3-4 receptions from edges to the center. The grown nail shouldn't be cut off too shortly, it is better to round off it, as for the French manicure.
Councils for leaving
Not important, nippers and what country them are made of what material made, - they will long not serve if properly not to look after them. It is necessary to store the tool in a special place, for example, in a plastic cover so that edges didn't adjoin. For protection of keen edges put on a special cap. If sharpness decreased, it is time to grind edges repeatedly. At continuous use sharpening it is necessary to carry out time to half a year.
After each session nippers need to be sterilized. It not only is more hygienic, but also noticeably influences on preservation by a product of the properties.
It is undoubted that the dirty tool will undergo corrosion much quicker, than what is kept in an order. Every month tweezers need to be greased. For this purpose household or lubricating oil will approach. This procedure will help to prolong significantly the term of operation of the tool and will provide the smooth course, so, and safety. It is necessary to work with tweezers only on a dry surface, especially at a hairstyle of nails. It is impossible to put the tool in a cover or a case damp, besides, it isn't recommended to store it in crude rooms, for example, in a bathroom.
What to do if broke?
The most subject to damages by part of tweezers is the spring. At breakage it is better not to change it, and to get a new product as smoothness of the course can seriously suffer.
Some tools for personal use have handles not from metal, and from plastic which are much more strongly subject to deformation. In a similar situation everything depends on personal comfort. In case breakage doesn't prevent to use tweezers, it is possible not to change a product, and to use make-shifts, for example, an insulating tape to repair it. Besides, it happens that the central screw or on what the spring fastens, are loosened. It is recommended to use tweezers or a screw-driver of the small size to fix them. Sometimes even at preliminary check in shop inexperienced buyers get a product of inadequate quality. For example, if the cutting cloth initially with defects (roughnesses), it inevitably damages a gentle thin skin of a cuticle. In that case it is necessary to address to shop and to change the tool. If nippers provoke any sort of a trauma and damage, not connected with insufficient professionalism of the one who holds them in hand, it isn't normal.
How to grind in house conditions?
It is necessary to begin process with discrediting of the tool. Then it is necessary to sharpen, paying attention at first to edge inside, the turn of the external comes then. Upon completion of procedure it is necessary to check sharpness of edges. If necessary to repeat before achievement of necessary effect. Careful polishing is required to zones which will adjoin to skin during manicure. If work as the machine is made, it has to be carried out at the minimum speed. It is always recommended to sharpen in one party. It is better not to apply polishing whetstones an abrasive less than 8 000. Close nippers need to be brought to the machine the back. And then, softly leaning them against a grinding circle, to turn them at a small angle for a uniform protachivaniye of all tool.
Manually it is possible to make product edges sharper, using an ordinary file. It is important to remember that each tool has a home sharpenings. It is necessary to have it in a look not to spoil the cutting cloth. By no means you shouldn't sharpen the tool on weight. It is necessary to lower them on a table a heel down, getting to work from the inside. The movements of a doldzhna to be unidirectional. Then it is necessary to grind the same movements corners. For sharpening of external edges nippers it is necessary to close, lean against any horizontal surface and to process back and forth motions. Before use it is obligatory to grind and walk whetstone for polishing for giving to smoothness edges. The cleared details are oiled. The sandpaper can help out if nippers urgently are required to be pointed. It is necessary to take one leaf and to cut through it nippers few times. It is possible to check the tool on a plastic bag. If nippers insufficiently sharp, reception it is necessary to repeat. Such sharpening will last not for long, at most, for couple of days and to you it isn't necessary to repeat it repeatedly. As soon as possible it is worth grinding tweezers on the machine or by means of a file.
That tools weren't in a stupor, they can be wiped soft fabric.
The best producers
Brands of producers the manikyurnykh of accessories which can be found in the Russian shops are listed below. Their superiority in this market doesn't raise doubts.
Nippers for manicure and a pedicure of this DM are made from stainless steel. They are firm to wearability and corrosion. The producer sharpens edges on special technology which allows to achieve the magnificent cutting properties. These products will be to the taste both to professionals, and fans.
Production of this company is sharpened manually. In assortment are presented as professional models, and for personal use. Reasonable prices and high quality do these nippers by very attractive option. Manikyurny accessories of this firm perfectly proved in the Russian market. The range of the company is extremely extensive therefore it is possible to pick up a necessary product according to the set parameters. Products are suitable even for the most tiny fingers.
Nippers of Solinberg are made of stainless steel which becomes covered by an alloy of cobalt and nickel. Differ in long service life. Thanks to the increased hardness of the steel processed in a special way and an offhand grinding of edges of an edge keep the sharpness much more for a long time. The special design of handles which are made of metal, provides convenience in work. Such tool will serve long.
This producer represents the tool from high-quality steel with a cobalt covering. Edges are allocated them with durability and they are almost not in a stupor. In spite of the fact that manikyurny accessories of this brand don't belong to economical, it enjoys wide popularity.
The firm makes nippers from steel, resistant to corrosion. Edges the manikyurnykh of adaptations of this brand easily cope with trimming of the grown nail plate, and also effectively delete the coarsened sites of a cuticle and rollers of skin which are round a nail. Nippers aren't injury-causing and don't provoke stratifying of nails.
Makes tools for household use. Quality of production of this Ukrainian firm doesn't concede to the western analogs. Tools are produced from steel which passed special processing. Long time don't demand repeated sharpening.
Tools are produced and sharpened manually. In the course of production stainless steel is exposed to the special mechanism of processing which does material steady against corrosion. Tweezers of this brand extraordinary sharp that allows to execute qualitative manicure and a pedicure without effort. Each product is protected by a special silicone cap to protect it from damages.
Producers of tweezers huge set. To decide on purchase the knowledge of opinions of those who already got this product can help.
- Mertz. Responses of buyers on products of this brand the positive. They note high quality and durability in combination with convenience in use and the acceptable price.
- Zinger. Users note almost boundless wear resistance of these nippers. However it is worth being careful of fakes which considerably concede to the real products in quality. The fake from the original is distinguished in particular by insufficient sharpness of edges, tendency to deformation of the tool.
- Solinberg. Buyers note sharpness and durability of tweezers of this brand. Reliability and convenience favourably distinguish them from the other. It should be noted that their price is available to everyone.
- Yoko. It is possible to declare that high quality and durability of nippers cost the money. Unlike products of other brands, nippers of Yoko don't damage and don't tear a cuticle, they wants to use again and again.
- Avon. Buyers consider as the main advantage of these tweezers cost. They are compact, protected by a silicone cap, and it is convenient to carry them with itself. However not all remained are happy with this tool. Some users declare that the adaptation is quickly hammered during the work and not really strong.
- "Staleks". Fans of cut manicure approve nippers of this company. They are safe, comfortable in use and provide professional result. A pleasant bonus is their low price. It is easy to find them in any shop.
- Lazeti. Buyers remained are happy with high quality of products and convenience of work with them. Even after long use of an edge keep the properties. They note bright stylish design of packing which favourably allocates them on shelves.
In the following video you learn as correctly to choose nippers.