The term "shaber" designate the tool intended for a scraping. Different types of shaber apply in various crafts, in stomatology and other areas of human activity. The qualitative shaber for manicure is an irreplaceable tool for each person who got used "to think of beauty of nails". Sometimes a shaber call a pusher or a manikyurny shovel.
To what it is applied?
Before to tell about types of shaber and rules of their use, it is worth learning, what is it? the Main destination of a manikyurny shaber is a moving away of a cuticle and removal of pterigiya (so call a thin skin which accrues on the lower part of a nail). Thus, this tool is necessary for care of fingers of hands and feet (there are also pedicure shaber).
Removal of pterigiya is a compulsory hygienic procedure thanks to which emergence of agnails is prevented. Therefore the pusher is applied practically to all preparatory procedures when performing manicure, including to preparation of nail plates for building procedure.
Types of the tool
Considering a photo of various manikyurny tool, it is possible to notice that shaber happen different:
- unilateral which have one working surface;
- the bilateral, having two working surfaces. Wider, executed in the form of a shovel, it is applied for moving away of a cuticle. The narrow party reminding a hatchet, a flat shovel or a spear in a form is used for cleaning of nails and removal a pterigiya;
- with a rubber tip for decrease in risk of traumatizing a nail plate;
- the pedicure shovels differing in wider working part.
In a form of a working surface pusher share on:
- the flat;
- the oval;
- the semicircular;
- the square;
- the round.
Shaber are made of various materials. Most often, the high-quality tool is made of medical steel. Also pusher from a tree or plastic meet, but these are less widespread options, as they less strong, than steel.
How to choose a pusher?
Those who does manicure independently, need to get surely a qualitative shaber. But how to choose really good and convenient tool?
Probably, all know that tools for manicure have to be individual, as toothbrushes or hairbrushes. It is necessary to select a form of a shaber taking into account a shape of nails.
It is very important to pay attention to quality of the tool. The handle has to be equal with a nonskid covering (on metal tools the handle can be covered with a notch). The cutting part of a pusher has to be smooth, it shouldn't leave scratches on a nail plate.
Before buying the tool, it is worth testing it, having easily carried out working part on the brush back. If the tool well slides and it doesn't scratch skin, so qualitative.
For independent work the bilateral shaber as with his help it is possible to carry out at once three operations is better to get:
- to remove a cuticle;
- to delete pterigiya;
- to clear nails.
It is important that the chosen tool conveniently lay in a hand, otherwise, it will be difficult to work with it. Therefore that person who will work with it has to choose the tool.
The main characteristic of a shaber is quality of its sharpening. Depends on this indicator as the tool will serve.
The high-quality manikyurny tool is sharpened manually. Shaber of an offhand grinding doesn't scratch nails, and probability of a cut during the work such tools the lowest.
Rules of use
The qualitative shaber isn't enough to choose, it is necessary to know still how to use it tools.
Here basic rules:
- it is necessary to work accurately and carefully, the rough movements can lead to emergence of cuts. Bol of that, the wrong actions can injure matriks (a nail root) and the nail plate will grow with a curvature;
- the tool dispose at an acute angle to a nail plate and, accurately pressing, make moving of a thin skin to the lower part of a nail. The acting thin skin fragments carefully are cut off by the return part of a shaber;
- if the thin skin moves badly, it isn't necessary to make big efforts. It is necessary to increase cuticle softening time in water;
- after each use a shaber it is necessary to disinfect. A metal shaber it is possible to boil, disinfect under an ultra-violet lamp or it is simple to wipe alcohol. Wooden and plastic shaber it is impossible to boil;
- it is necessary to store a shaber in a case so that it didn't adjoin to other tools;
- approximately once a year (at regular use) should be given a shaber on sharpening to special workshops.
At the correct use of a shaber use of the tool doesn't constitute any health hazard of natural nails. If not to break technology of performance of manicure, nails will be well-groomed and healthy.